Author Topic: Wrye Crowned King at International Reggae Awards  (Read 1412 times)

Offline AriseNshine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Kenyan Best Forum
Wrye Crowned King at International Reggae Awards
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »
Dance-hall sensation in East Africa Wrye 'the love child' is definitely going places. The dance hall king scooped the top award during the International Reggae And World Music Awards (IRAWMA) ceremony held in Florida on Saturday.

Wrye beat internationally acclaimed stars such as Jamaican superstars Chronixx and D Major to be the first African to scoop the award.

“The competition was quite high and scoring against such prominent stars wasn’t easy. It is a great achievement in my music career and i give glory to God as i thank my fans for making me the star i am,” Wyre told journalists.

“This goes a long way to show that Kenyan music has crossed the boarders. Our voice is being heard beyond the continent, he remarked.

The awards were established in 1982 to honour, promote and contribute to the growth of reggae music world wide.

Top of the hits that helped him win are She say that,  with Jamaican bad girl Cecile. Wrye also entertained guests who thronged Coral Spring Centre for the Arts for the event.

Our congrats Wrye for such a rare feat.

KenyanBestForum.com

Wrye Crowned King at International Reggae Awards
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »