Author Topic: Chinedu demands his investments worth in exchange for officials' release  (Read 1194 times)

Offline M_J

• Administrator
  • I can't stop!
    • View Profile
    • The Kenyan Best Forum
Deported Nigerian Anthony Chinedu yesterday demanded full pay of his investments in Kenya before officials who accompanied him in the chartered plane two weeks ago when he was deported are released.

Speaking to the Nation, a leading newspaper in Kenya, Chinedu said, “I am the official of the government of Nigeria. The aircraft is now mine, it is waiting for me at the airport,” he said, adding: “All I want is my money, and without these guys being detained here, I won’t get my money. But you can rest assured they are safe, they are eating well.”

The detainees are Kenyans and a Swedish pilot — five crew and seven security and immigration officials. Chinedu and other Western Africans were deported on claims of being drug lords.

One of the detainees on Monday spoke about the poor conditions they were being subjected to. “We were only allowed out in the evening the next day because embassy (Kenyan High Commission) officials had come in,” he said. He also said that they slept inside the plane and ate spoilt food as they were being considered illegal immigrants.

The government through the Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohammed said that the matter was being handled.

KenyanBestForum.com