Author Topic: The World's Oldest Person is South African  (Read 1565 times)

Offline M_J

• Administrator
  • I can't stop!
    • View Profile
    • The Kenyan Best Forum
The World's Oldest Person is South African
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
Johanna Mazibuko who lives in a small town south-west of Johannesburg is the world's oldest known person alive. At 119 years old she has outlived not only her peers but also five out of her seven children. According to registration papers, the old woman was born in 1894 and has managed to see the dawn of two centuries, a feat indeed.

"God gave my life in abundance, plus a bonus. I am very old now," she told a South African newspaper The Sowetan.

Ms. Mazibuko is not sickly like you would expect of someone her age. She prides herself in being able to make her bed every morning. She can also cook, dresses herself, washes clothes and even watches TV.

"I'm doing alright," she said confirming her good health.

"She is able to move on her own but cannot stand for a long time. She gets dizzy," her son told the Sowetan.

The old lady has seen the history of her country through all it's modern day phases. She has lived through colonization by the British, the imprisonment of freedom icon Nelson Mandela, his release, presidency, and the end of apartheid.

Jeanne Calment from France who died 4 August 1997 aged 122 is still the oldest person in recorded history.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:07:32 PM by decentbwoy »

Offline vt1208

• KBF
    • View Profile
Re: The World's Oldest Person is South African
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 05:57:08 PM »
She is able to move on her own but cannot stand for a long time.

KenyanBestForum.com

Re: The World's Oldest Person is South African
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 05:57:08 PM »