Author Topic: Mystery over murder of Kenya Airways hostess deepens  (Read 2760 times)

Offline kenyansteve

• View Profile
Mystery over murder of Kenya Airways hostess deepens
« on: October 04, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »
A suspect in the gruesome murder of Kenya Airways hostess Ruth Akinyi Ogara, has committed suicide hours after being released from police custody. The air hostess was found murdered with her body tied in bed and body partially burnt. She also had a masking tape draped over her mouth.

The lady had just returned from a work-related trip abroad and settled in her house to wait for her boyfriend, an Asian businessman. They had reportedly dated for over a year in a not so rosy relationship. “She confided in me that she wanted to break off the relationship since she didn’t see it heading anywhere,” says a friend to Ogara. “That was the last time I saw her, and we just chatted briefly outside our court.”

He was the only boyfriend Ruth was known to have and on the fateful evening he was visiting her. A verbal fight ensued but they made up and went to sleep. A sister to the deceased was sleeping in another room. “I was called at 2pm deep in the night last Friday (September 27) as I was having fun (and told) that my friend had died. Nobody actually knows what happened apart from the Asian man and Ogara’s sister who were in the house,” says a source to a Kenyan Publication, The Nairobian. The house was burnt but luckily Ogara’s sister and the Asian man escaped the fire.

A security guard at Imara Daima estate where the hostess lived had this to say, “The sister was then admitted to Mater hospital, surprisingly, with an alleged bullet wound on her leg. I wonder how the bullet wound, the fire and Akinyi’s death are related.”

The sister could not be reached for comment.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:36:41 PM by kenyansteve »

KenyanBestForum.com

Mystery over murder of Kenya Airways hostess deepens
« on: October 04, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »