If you’re going out with friends to party, safety suggestions include:
1. Know where you’re going and the means of getting there.
2. Plan how to get home – for example, take enough money to share a taxi or nominate a driver to stay sober.
3. Always have a backup plan – for example, ask someone’s parent if they will pick you up if you can’t get a taxi.
4. Always stick together in a group.
5. Don’t leave drinks unattended and don’t accept a drink from a stranger. Don’t take your eyes off your drink(to avoid Spiking).
6. Decide on a drink limit and stick to it. Avoid ‘shouts’ or drinking games. You are likely to make silly or even dangerous decisions when you have had too much to drink.
7. Remember that it is illegal to drink alcohol on the street or in a public place or to carry or use illicit drugs. You could be arrested and conviction may impact on your future employment or travel plans.