There is nothing like a white smile. Having discolored teeth can result to shying off in social surroundings. It can even prevent you from having fun because you are not comfortable with the look in your mouth.
If your teeth are not as white as you would like them to be, don’t worry. You can get back your lovely smile in a few steps. These tips may not be a substitute for professional whitening but they work for you and improve your smile.
• Use teeth whitening strips – Make sure that you shop for quality ones that are approved by your local dental association to prevent damage to your enamel. Good strips are made out of polyethylene and should be available at your local chemist or Super Market. Use the whitening strips according to instructions as different brands will come with different ways of use.
• Brush and floss your teeth thoroughly at least twice a day – It removes food remains and prevents bacteria from flourishing on food remains. They apparently are high in sugar and harmful bacteria can’t resist them. Prevents tooth decay and helps retain your shine.
• Use whitening gel or toothpaste – These are also readily available at your supermarket or chemists. Adhere to the instructions for maximum effect.
• Use hydrogen peroxide – Hydrogen peroxide is recommended by dentists as a way of whitening teeth. Ensure you buy for oral use which is normally 3% concentration. Talk to your chemist for the correct usage.
• You can also use baking soda to whiten your teeth – Wet your toothbrush and dip it in baking soda. Cover the bristles with water then brush for two minutes. Spit if necessary and afterwards cleanse your mouth with lots of water.
Avoid beverages like alcohol, coffee etc. They make your teeth brown. Smoking is also not good for your teeth’s shine. Avoid it if you can. These are lifestyle changes and they can take time. Taking a step at a time will take you in the right direction.